Wasting too much time on a DIY website?
If you’re a business owner or entrepreneur, you know that your company’s website is one of the most important things you have. A website can help your business grow and reach new customers, but it also has to work in all the ways that matter if it’s going to be effective. If your site isn’t performing as well as it could be, there are lots of ways to improve it—from fixing bad code to adding new functionality. However, if you don’t have any experience with web development and aren’t sure how to handle this kind of problem yourself (or simply don’t have time), hiring a consultant might be your best bet.
When you have a website that is costing you money
The cost of having a website is not just the price of the website. It also includes:
- The cost of hosting—This might be included with your website, but if you’re paying for it separately, it can add up quickly.
- The cost of maintaining your site—You’ll need to keep a few things in mind: updating content, fixing bugs and making sure everything works properly across different devices (mobile friendly). If you don’t know how to do this yourself or don’t have time to learn, hiring someone will be necessary.
- The cost of making changes—How often are you going to want to add new features? Will there be seasonal changes like updating holiday specials? Do new items need their own page? Do they require any special functionality on your site (like an easy way for customers who bought one item previously from you before being able to find that item easily again)?
When you have a website that isn’t generating leads
- When you have a website that isn’t generating leads, you are losing money.
- You need to find a web consultant to help you get more leads from your website.
- You should be able to get plenty of leads from your website if it was built properly.
When your web developer goes missing in action
There are a few important things to consider when deciding whether or not it’s time to hire an outside consultant. First, if you’re spending money on a website that isn’t generating leads for your business, then it’s time to consider hiring someone else. Second, if you have no idea how much longer the current project will take and how much more it will cost, then it might be time for an external perspective. Finally, if your web developer goes missing in action and doesn’t return calls or emails from their clients after taking the money from the project—this is another sign that hiring someone else may be necessary!
When you want to make a change and need help making it happen
- When you want to make a change and need help making it happen.
- When you want to make a change, but don’t have the time.
- When you want to make a change, but don’t have the expertise.
- When you want to make a change, but don’t have the budget.
When your web developer doesn’t get your vision
You hired a web developer to build your website, and now you’re stuck with something that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to. You need a web consultant because your developer didn’t understand your vision or communicate it properly.
- Your developer should be able to translate your vision into a product that is functional and beautiful.
- They shouldn’t just be able to build what you ask them; they should also understand how the site works as part of the bigger picture of your business.
When your site is often down or slow
If you’ve got a website, you need to make sure it’s up 24/7. Your site is not only a source of information, but it’s also your business card on the Internet. If people can’t access your products or services when they want them—or worse, if they can’t even get your site to load at all—you’re going to lose out on potential customers who might have bought from you if their experience had been better.
So what should you do?
You should hire someone who specializes in making websites fast and reliable. You’ll be able to build a great-looking website yourself with basic HTML5 knowledge and some effort (but no one will make it faster than this person!). But when it comes time for the hard stuff—the coding that makes things run smoothly—you need help from an expert like that.
If any of these things is happening to you, it’s time to find a web consultant.
If any of these things is happening to you, it’s time to find a web consultant:
- Your website is costing you money. If you’re spending more than $500 per month or have been for several years, and your site isn’t generating leads or sales for your business, it may be time for an expert opinion. A good web consultant can help you evaluate the health of your current site and make recommendations on how to improve things.
- Your website is not generating any leads or sales at all. If no one has ever visited your site in over a year—or if they did visit once but never returned—it’s possible that there are issues with its design or content that prevent people from finding what they need when they get there. Consulting with a professional who has experience working with small businesses can help ensure that visitors’ experiences are as positive as possible so they’ll want to return again later on down the road!
A web consultant can help you solve these problems and more. If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, contact us today!